Thursday, December 31, 2009

Francis Dunnery - Good Life

Another day, another song.



The lyrics are on the video

Francis Dunnery (born 25 December 1962), from Egremont[1], Cumberland, England, is an English musician. He was a founding member of the 1980s band It Bites. Although he started on drums, he later became the lead singer and guitarist of the group, and maintained this position until he left in 1990 to pursue a solo career.

Francis Dunnery is the son of Charles and Kathleen Dunnery and the younger brother of the late Barry "Baz" Dunnery - a celebrated Cumbrian rock guitarist who had made a name for himself as a member of heavy rock band Necromandus. (Baz Dunnery was subsequently a member of Ozzy Osbourne's first post-Black Sabbath band (preceding the formation of the Randy Rhoads-led Blizzard of Oz band [2]) and was later in Violinski).

Dunnery has remembered “Baz... was always in bands and there were constantly instruments around me when I was growing up... He was the first musician I ever saw – I think I would have been around seven, there were twelve years between us so I was the pest, always trying to sneak a go on his gear. I remember once he got a Marshall amp, and I was always sneaking into his room and having a go on it, which he hated because he thought I would break it, which I probably would have done. One day he left it on maximum volume, and I crept in and started strumming the guitar. It made the loudest noise I’d ever heard and scared the life out of me.[3]”

Francis and Baz Dunnery remained close until the latter's death in June 2008, with Baz joining his brother on stage several times during Francis' solo career. Francis also credits Baz with coming up with the riff for his song "Riding On The Back".


More on wikipedia
Source: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment